How to make watercolours taper candle
learn how to make taper candle, perfect for gifts, house warming, dinner candle.
they have many type of wax that you can choose to make candle today we using 1005 soy wax for this method. As well as being a naturally renewable and environmentally
What do we need: (make 1 pair of candle)
pillar soy wax
taper pillar mould
Blu Tack or similal
Toothpick or skewer
Saucepan and hob
1. Start off by weighing out approximately 110g of soy wax . Melt them together in a saucepan on a very low heat.
2. While the wax is melting, prepare the taper candle mould placing the stick part into the base/ holder.
2a. Cut a length of candle wick approximately 5cm longer than the candle mould.
2b. Thread the wick through the small hole at the bottom of the base holder end, until it reaches the top of the other end. Seal it in place with a piece of Blu Tack, on the base end.
2d. Pull the wick tight through the hole, put the cap on top then seal it in place with a piece of Blu Tack.
2e. Stand the mould upright, base down, cap up, ready for the wax.
3. When the wax is fully melted, around 70c, pour the wax into the mould. Pour right to the top.
4. Leave the wax in the mould to cool completely. This should take at least 2-3 hours.
5. To de-mould, remove the blue tack, take the cap off, remove the base and blue tack and then lightly tap two of the moulds together, like a pair of drum sticks. This will allow air to enter to easily allow the candle to slip out.
5. Cut a sponge into to small piece. add alcohol ink into paint palette.
6.Slightly dampen sponge pure rubbing alcohol.